Monday, January 21, 2013

Anil Kumble part ways with RCB

Anil Kumble has ended his stint as the chief of Royal Challengers Bangalore. The leg-spinner, who had led RCB to the IPL final in 2009, said he will be taking on a new assignment and parts with the team on good terms.

I have made this decision to take up a new assignment based on a chance that my company, Tenvic has been offered, Kumble said in a press.

We will be uniquely positioned to consolidate my passion with the happiness of our partners to contribute to the growth of sport across disciplines, especially grassroots sport. I have had a pleasant association with RCB, as player, captain and mentor.

During this time we have achieved most of our objectives and RCB has emerged as one of the leading franchise in The IPL. I leave with happy memories. I am thankful to Dr. Vijay Mallya for offering me the role of Chief Mentor, a place that allowed me to observe the challenges of being a franchise owner from close quarters and develop a nuanced viewpoint of the commercial elements of sport.

I recollect with fondness my interaction with the team members, directorial and coaching staff of RCB. Lastly, my wholehearted gratitude to the fans of RCB who’s catching passion and energy was a significant component of whatever success we had as a team. It is only a calling for a greater challenge and latent for national impact that justified my separation from the RCB fans.

Vijay Mallya, the RCB team owner, said, Anil kumble has been a great asset to RCB as captain, chief mentor and advisor. He has helped shape the entire team and was helpful in creating a unique sense of passion and commitment. Given kumble vision for developing young talent and good in various sporting activities, I value his decision to move on mainly since he has identified a strong partner to execute this long term vision.
View My Stats